The Art of Fashion

Princess Charlene and Olivia Palermo at Princess Grace Event
It was something of a surprise to see Olivia Palermo attending the same (slightly obscure) event as Her Serene Highness Princess Charlene of Monaco. I had just never thought about the two girls together. But the event, held at the Salle Garnier in Monte Carlo, was a celebration of the new Princess Grace of Monaco Collection and it was hosted by Mont Blanc.
I can't find any information about the designers of the girls' dresses, but I will say that I wasn't that keen on onse Charlene's dress — particularly the rather dated handkerchief hem and the washed out colour. Her earrings were however by Mont Blanc and rather spectacular. I was more excited about Olivia's dress, and almost giddy about the way she combined it with those shoes. Wonderful.
And if that's not enough, she brought along her model boyfriend. For us all to see. Grazie. Merci. Danke.
PS: I was told off rather sternly recently about referring to onse Charlene as Princess of South Africa. Yes, well, I am quite aware that she is not technically that. It was a bit of humorous license. But I am terribly sorry, even though I can't promise not to do it again. But I will be sorry again if I do. Ok? Good.
Idle Talk: