The Art of Fashion

More Film Festival Style from Jessica Chastain
With as many films to promote as she does, Jessica Chastain is on a non-stop roller coaster ride of outfits for photocalls and premiers and parties and press conferences. And she is pretty much getting the right every single time. With a few standouts that blow me away on occasion. The shades of yellow gown from Viktor + Rolf was just such a look. Frikkety frack. How stunning? And I love how she deepened the red on her lip as if to emphasis that she was going big with this one.
I don't know who did the lovely black and white blouse, but I do know that the earrings that Jessica is wearing at the press conference for her film Coriolanus are by Jack Vartanaian. But you pretty much can't see them so that is irrelevant.
However the colour blocking Alberta Ferretti dress at the photocall can never be dismissed as irrelevant. She teamed it with nude Jimmy Choo wedges and looked a million bucks.
And just look at that vintage YSL show stopper. Good lord. That must be a bit breezy. I love the colour. I love the detailing. In fact I love everything about it except for the fact that her lady pillows are running free. In opposite directions. Call me old fashioned, but I think that possibly after 30 you need some kind of support. Or not. What do I know. Rather tell me what you think. Is the slashed-to-the-navel vintage YSL a win or not? I look forward to hearing your views.
Idle Talk: