The Art of Fashion

Mulberry Party Pics: But Did They All Wear Mulberry?
I love Mulberry. Most of you know that. I have three of their handbags. All of which I have saved up for and purchased with triumph and joy. Triumph and joy. And of course my book club mate, Alexa Chung, is a brand 'face' with a bag named after her and everything. And they styled an entire show as a homage to Florence Welch. So what's not to love?
They had a party in New York this week to celebrate the opening of a new store. And it was attended by all the cool, hip young things, including Ms Chung herself. Although apparently she wasn't very nice to people, which makes me sad. But Maggie Gyllenhaal was lovely. And looked lovely in her Mulberry dress and bag and was very composed and poised and cool. Alexa was wearing a Mulberry trench and eponymous bag and divine Charlotte Olympia kitty flat shoes. And it is an amazing outfit, say what you like. So chic. That ruffled blouse...

Also looking all kinds of lovely was Rose Byrne who I love from Bridesmaids. Love, I tell ya. And while she does look a bit dour, she is apparently quite shy for an Aussie and look how lovely she looks in her Mulberry dress and amazing earrings. So be nice.
Michelle Trachenakickoff (blah, can't remember her name, don't care to look it up, blahhhh) was wearing a cute Mulberry skirt and looked more pleasant than usual. But. Sigh. I don't really warm to her, you understand. So really I just want to talk about Solange Knowles. On whom I am developing something of a fashion crush. And while she is wearing a Mulberry bag, she is in fact wearing a dress from uber-cool designer Mary Katrantzou. And looking brilliant in it. My pick of the party. Yours?
Idle Talk: