The Art of Fashion

Marie Claire Prix d'excellence de la Mode Winners — I Think


So it was the local Marie Claire Prix d'excellence de la Mode winners function last night in Johannesburg. Sadly I was not invited to the event (despite being fashion editor of their sister publication and one of the leading SA fashion bloggers) so I can't give you personal information on the event.
In fact, a couple of hours into the working day, there is no online news at all about the winners.
So being a good citizen, let me assist you, courtesy of the tweets of Jacquie Myburgh who was lucky enough to attend (@JMyburgh).
Let me say right off that I am utterly delighted that the PE-based designer Silver Spoon won for Business Savvy Emerging Designer. I actually got to know this outfit a couple of years ago when Stephanie called me up out of the blue to ask for some advice on a matter. We chatted a few more times and I eventually met both her and Dieter at SA Fashion Week earlier this year. They are showing again later this month at SA Fashion Week — so get along to see them if you can. Definitely one-to-watch. And you can go to their website on www.silverspoonclothing.co.za
I also lean happily in favour of the wins for Habits, Missibaba and Woolies as I am a devoted fan of them all. Which is to take nothing away from the other winners who are all well deserved.
The rest of the winners in no particular order are:
Best Large Retailer Supporting Local Design: Woolworths
Best Local Fashion Retailer Supporting Local Production: Hip Hop
Best Retail Emporium Supporting Local Design: The Space
Special Jury Prize for Building A Local Fashion Brand: Loxion Kulcha
Business Savvy Established Designer: Colleen Eitzen
Business Savvy Emerging Designer: Silver Spoon
Business Savvy Accessories Designer: Missibaba
Blog Readers Award for Best Fashion Retailer Experience: Woolworths
Best Online Retail Experience: Habits
I have no idea if I have missed any, but hopefully this gives you the idea. I say a hearty congratulations to them all. And I heard it was a no-expense-spared shindig with great music and a good time was had by all, so well done Marie Claire.
Idle Talk: