The Art of Fashion

Emmy Awards 2011 Red Carpet Trend: Black Dresses
As ever, classic black always looks good on the red carpet and several of the actresses stuck with this classic. Including Big Bang Theory's Kaley Cuoco who wore a Romona Keveza princess length dress with a polka dot overlay and red satin accessories. She looked great and I love this length so I was quite happy. Evan Rachel Wood's Elie Saab was magnificent and I absolutely can't fault it. In fact she almost made my best dressed list. She would have if it wasn't just a hair predictable. I know, I am being a fashion bore. She really does look incredible. Stunning. Sorry. I take it back.
And then there were the Boardwalk Empire ladies. All in black with emerald accessories. This is such a good combination, a bit Angelina, but a winner none-the-less. Gretchen Moll looks sleek and elegant in her L'Wren Scott dress that hints at a very deep purple velvet and Kelly McDonald's sleeves belie the risque cut outs on the bodice.
Idle Talk: