The Art of Fashion

2011 Emmy Awards: Worst Dressed
Oh, I know we don't do negative on this blog. But I thought that a skip through three of the worst dressed at the 63rd Annual Prime Time Emmy Awards 2011 might help us mortals not commit the same errors. Or some such justification. Really I needed to vent my mystification. Especially with Gwyneth Paltrow and her 90s demonstration of Pucci see-through horror. Why is it that every time she fails, it is Pucci? Why is it that she only tried on two dresses before settling on this frock-up? Let's assess. It is a bare midriff number — for the Emmys. Maybe this could pass from the Grammys, but not for the Emmys, surely? Also she is as near as dammit to 40 years old. Have some dignity woman! She has an amazing body that she has worked very hard for. We all know this. It doesn't means she has to get her abs out to show us, you know? I mean take Martha Plimpton for example. Equally banging bod. Also a women 'of a certain age'. And looking killer in her Zac Posen beaded number. This is how you do it Gwynnie. Take notes.
And then there was Olivia Munn. In Caroline Herrera. It was about a week ago when I was saying that this combination was flawless and that she hadn't put a foot wrong. Well, till now. And I think it is just a tiny blip really. This dress is a magnificent colour. Off-trend, but great. It just doesn't fit very well. Olivia needs to wear custom fitted clothes, not something straight off the runway. It is simply not flattering. Let this be noted. Always prioritise fit over fashion. Ok? Good.
Even less flattering was Taraji Henson's beaded white dress. The colour way was 100% on trend. But the design was sack-like. And dated. This is how NOT to do the 90s style kids. Avoid. Avoid.
Of course I may be wrong and you guys may LOVE these looks. Please. Do feel free to correct me and put me in my place. I need that every so often.
Idle Talk: