The Art of Fashion

Freida Pinto Dresses Down and Takes It Off for Interview Magazine
You guys might remember that I am awfully fond of actress Freida Pinto. I just think she is the perfect role model for young women today. She has such elegance and poise for a young person. And she takes on risky projects with style. Speaking of style, she always, always looks impeccable. This past week she embraced a more casual approach to her dressing, donning a great Topshop maxi late last week and a bold, bright lemon Michael Kors dress on the weekend at Comic-Con — slightly shorter than she usually wears. Both outfits mark a change, but both are lovely and fresh and appropriate.
If Freida already impresses you as much as she does I, I am going to suggest that she can go one further. Freida features in the new issue of Interview magazine. Her interview is insightful and deep and tackles some serious and complex socio-political matters. She explores these issues in an intelligent and respectful manner, honest yet demonstrating real sensitivity. I was blown away.
The images accompanying the piece also impressed me. While there was lots of flesh on display, none of it was unseemly. I love the intensity and depth in these images. I think they are beautiful.
To read the full story, click here for Interview.
Photographer was Mert Alas and the stylist Karl Templer. Freida is wearing Versace in the top image and Stella McCartney in the second.
Idle Talk: