The Art of Fashion

Who Made Tilda Swinton the Face of Pringle? Meet Claire Waight Keller

We all saw those magnificent images of Tilda Swinton for Pringle last week on the blog and I decided, such is my love for this combination, I would look into how it happened. And who made it happen.
So let me introduce you to Claire Waight Keller, the very talented and unassuming creative director of Pringle. That is she on the right of the photo.
Having joined the 195 year old establishment British brand in 2006, not only has she employed The Swinton as the remarkable face of the label, but she has turned the company around financially, in perception, established a respected fashion positioning for Pringle, and secured top billing at London Fashion Week. Quite some feat without losing any of the Caledonian heritage of the brand. Amazing.
But then this is the remarkable woman that was offered a position at Calvin Klein before she even graduated, worked alongside Burberry's Christopher Bailey and worked for Tom Ford at Gucci, so I guess we should be expecting even more from her in the future.
I hope you will join me in keeping an eye on her trajectory as she continues to build her career in the fashion industry.
Idle Talk: