The Art of Fashion

New Fashion Blog on the Block: Olivia Palermo
Stylista Olivia Palermo, seen here in New York last week in her classic Breton stripe tee, has launched a fashion blog. On the surface, how freaking exciting, right!? Until you launch the home page and see the list of staff involved with the project. Um. Ok. Well, I guess it is a business.
It's just that with an Editor-at-large, and Associate Editor and a bunch of contributors, how much of the blog will actually be Olivia's style, thoughts and insights. Which is kind of the point, right? Apparently her own contributions will only be about two blog posts a week and a monthly newsletter, 'depending on her work load'- um, seriously? What work? I thought this was her work. Confused.

I'm just going to say this. I love Olivia's style. If her blog was just daily pictures of her outfits, I would be delighted. As would, I believe many thousands of others. What is the need for all this extra fluff. The joy of blogging is that it is quick, free, and available to all with a camera and a computer. Why can't we just keep it simple? I'm not actually sure I will bother with adding this to my favourites.
Idle Talk: