The Art of Fashion

Venice Film Festival: Selma Blair
Yup, so I thought that the Venice Film Festival was over. But it really isn't. Oops. And thank goodness since it would mean that we wouldn't have had this display of fashion finesse from one of my absolute style-favourites, Selma Blair. Back at work now after having baby Arthur, she looked all kinds of fabulous at the photo call and premier of her new movie Dark Horse, at the 68th Annual Venice Film Festival.
Before we get into the fashion, can I just point out that Selma is starring alongside Christopher Walken (how awesome?!) and Mia Farrow, and her love interest is played by Jason Bartha. Seriously, don't care what the movie is about, ticket for one, please.
Anyhoodle, let's have a butchers at that stunning emerald Roland Mouret dress. It looks outstanding with her colouring. And I love, love that she chose silver shoes and not those ubiquitous nude ones. Nothing wrong with the nude, it's just that the entire royal family now wear them so it is probs time for a style setter like Selma to move on. Good.
And then she wore Lanvin for the night time premier. Scarlet Lanvin, no less. The message is clear. Selma is back in business. And she has two more films due for release later this year so I am happy to say that I will have plenty of fodder for my blog.
Selma also took her new little man along to Venice. She was giving him loads of cuddles earlier in the day as she wore a soft pink silk romper suit. Cute. I am seriously considering inviting Selma to join my fashion fantasy book club. Along with Dannii, Alexa, Victoria and Cat. I need an American. And one my sort of age. Selma is perfect! I think she'd be a laugh. What do you say, old readers. Is Selma in?
Idle Talk: