The Art of Fashion

Toronto International Film Festival Best Dressed of the Rest
First let me say that there were a lot of very stylish and beautiful women in Toronto this year. What I find interesting was that, while last year was very much about the new, young things, this year the real stars of the red carpet are the women of forty or thereabouts. With only two exceptions, these are the women who make up the Best Dressed of the Rest list here. Starting with The Swinton. I love Tilda Swinton. Really. I mean I am a bit scared of her. But I love her. And I particularly love her style. It is unlike anyone else's and she is never, ever predictable. Other than that she wears Haider Ackermann quite a lot. As she is here at the premier of We Need to Talk About Kevin. Incredible.
Angelina Jolie looked quite pretty really in her Vivienne Westwood gown. Black, of course. But I really liked the tongue in cheek reference to Angie's rather, ahem, wild ways with the gold handcuff clutch by Louis Vuitton. Brilliant stroke of fashion humour. Very happy.
And the divine Ms Marisa Tomei was print-tastic in her Proenza Schouler Fall 2011 dress. I thought she was a real winner with this one. I am in awe of her renaissance.
And then there was the young 'un, Kirsten Dunst, looking all kinds of lovely in her navy blue polka dot blouse from Prada and her cream maxi skirt from Chanel. I am not sure what I would sell for this outfit. But it would be big. Because I am totally in love with it. Timeless style.
Jessica Chaistain wore gold lame Derek Lam and Tory Burch shoes for her premier party but she was only beaten to the headlines by the indomitable Juliette Lewis. God, I adore and worship Juliette. Who knows what she is wearing (other than the Louboutin boots) but she looks every kind of awesome right here. Doesn't she? Am I mad? Is she? Yes to both probs.
And finally. Madame Madonna. In Tom Ford, don't you know. She looks good. I'm going to give her that. All hail your majesty.
So the very best of the rest? I am going to go for Kirsten with a nod to Juliette. What about you. Pick now, pick wisely.
Idle Talk: