The Art of Fashion

New Fashion Web Sites and other Stories...


Captain's Log 2, Blog Week 128
Dear Blog Readers. It is, once again, the end of a long week of fashion. New York fashion week has closed after what feels like a month of shows, and the whole circus has packed up and left for London where it all kicks off again today. As per last week, I won't be covering anything other than the stories that I feel are personal to this blog. But do let me know if you have any particular areas of special interest. Now to the news and a look back on the week.
1. I thought that I should let you all know about some new fashion web sites that are worth checking out. First our very own local Elle Magazine has launched their site. With lots of information on the mag, introductions to the Elle team and other fashion related news, it's worth having a look at www.elle.co.za. Also, Vogue.co.uk (that's the UK version of the mag) launched their refreshed site recently, and today announced a new app for the iPad. Guess who is excited about that!
2. Some related tech news is that Christopher Bailey has taken over Burberry's twitter feed for the next few days leading up to the show at London Fashion Week. Follow on twitter @Burberry for all the insights from the great designer.
3. On television this week was a wonderful short insert on one of my favourite local designers, Stiaan Louw. This blog has been a supporter and fan of Stiaan for over two years now, often breaking his news and campaigns. This insert was featured on All Access and also has a cameo appearance from brother blogger, Man of the Cloth. Head on over to his site for the video in full.
4. Blog international favourite Blake Lively has had a Christian Louboutin shoe named after her. The Blake was named when she had a tour of the studio and took a shine to one of the designs. Oh Blake. What a blessed life you lead. Check her out here.
5. Gwen Stefani has been making a bit of a fuss in my head this week with her 'African Inspired' collection. Or as she calls it, 'tribal'. It really has caused me much grief and I would welcome your insights. Read the pieces here and here.
6. And finally, just to set the record straight. I have met the hat genius Albertus Swanepoel a few times. We are not friends (sadly). Some of you seem to have got that impression (can't imagine why. It's not like I imagine I am friends with wonderful famous people all the time or anything...). But I hope to be soon. Read all about my admiration for him here.
And so dear readers, have wonderful, relaxing weekends and I will be back on Monday morning with all the fashion news, issues, best buys, how tos and some make up tips for you all to enjoy. This is StyleGuideCT. Out.
Idle Talk: