The Art of Fashion

Is This Really Courtney Love?

Courtney Love is my generation. She is roughly my age, although of course her life has taken giant swings that bear no resemblence to anything I could call my experience. She was married to arguably one of the greatest muscians of my time. She was a crack head. She was an actress and she is a mother.
But mostly she was a tough, rough, talented musician herself and her band Hole did much to bring joy to my heart back in the 90s.
But Courtney was always a challenge, aesthetically, stylistically and apparently as a relative or friend.
Whether it was the drugs, the madness, the self loathing, I don't know. But there was a style bright spot in her history which seemed to echo her greatest creative work. During the premiere and awards season for the film, The People vs Larry Flint, in which she starred, she looked beautiful. Glamorous and elegant.
But soon she slipped into her old ways and we all forgot (or never knew it was possible) until I saw this picture today attending the premier of Wall Street 2. Almost unrecognisable, just this outfit alone gives me hope that this amazing, complex woman will once again show us her best life. Her best self. We will all be better for it.
Idle Talk: