The Art of Fashion

Dita von Teese Redeems Herself in Genlux Fall 2010 Spread



I have always loved Dita von Teese. I like that she calls herself a stripper and is 100% upfront with how she manufactured her look and style. We know all this and love her still. But then one day about three years ago while I was living in London she disappointed me.
She was launching a range of MAC lipstick at Selfridges and I made the effort to swing by. I have never done this for anyone and I properly hate crowds. But I thought it may be worthwhile meeting her before I returned to SA. I waited. And waited. And waited. My anxiety rose as the crowds grew. And about an hour after she was supposed to appear, I had to give up and head back to the office. Not happy.
But now Dita has got behind the "Shifty Green" issue on Genlux magazine and has shot this amazing campaign to draw attention to matters of the planet. I am now over my petulant sulk and am back to being a fan. What do you all think of the story?
Photos by BrakhaX2 and styling by Shiffy Kegan
Idle Talk: