The Art of Fashion

Anele Meets Anna and the World Keeps Turning

My mate Anele Mdoda (that is she from 5FM and SA's Got Talent) has been in London recently. Yes, I was very jealous. Yes, we are still friends.
While she was there she attended the Burberry show at London Fashion Week.
Ever the opportunist, she saw Anna Wintour and went over to ask her if she could do an interview with her. Anna shook her head. A definite 'no'.
Not giving up, Keiser Karl's people were a few seats down the row. She tried them too. Again, it was a decisive 'no'.
I love that she tried. I would have been too overwhelmed, too caught up in my precious fashion industry know-how to have even thought about trying. And yet, Anele has achieved something I can only dream of.
She didn't get the result she wanted but she got more than I will ever have. Life lesson, people, life lesson.
Idle Talk: