The Art of Fashion

Adele Covers UK Vogue, October 2011
Last month (September in magazine speak) Adele, singer, star, covered the UK Glamour magazine. And looked awesome. She also covered Fair Lady, right here in SA. And I am sure another hundred magazines the world over. I've said it before and I will actually say it again, who doesn't love Adele? My 70 year old dad loves her. Anna Wintour loves her. And that pretty much covers everyone. And so it is that she appears on the cover of the new UK Vogue issue for October.
Inside she talks a lot about her dislike for having to think about her figure. I liked what she said last month when she emphasised that she is a singer who sings for people's ears, not their eyes. And yet she is really quite beautiful. She also rejects being the 'face' of any brand and, when pushed, admitted the only one that would make any sense would be "full fat coke." Adele is a style inspiration, and for that, and the gift of music she has given all of us, I am deeply grateful.
Idle Talk: