The Art of Fashion

This Week's Round Up of Kate Moss Stories



Wow it has been a busy week for Mossy. Starting off with her resignation from Topshop. There have been rumours and grumbling on the ground for a while but the most telling clue that something was amiss was when Sir Phillip's daughter Chloe was named as the new face of Topshop, effectively replacing Kate. Soon a press release was issued with her resignation and a swift statement from Sir Phillip saying that after 14 successful collections Mossy had other things to do. My people in London tell me that the last collection was all still hanging on the rails unlike the first few which required standing in lines around the block. Last Kate Moss for Topshop collection is in store in October. Damn, I should have held onto my original pieces.
The second, much sadder, news is that the photographer Corinne Day just passed away from cancer at the too-early age of 45. I remember all the original photos that Day took of Moss back in 1990-ish as well as the crazy styling that those two were all about in those days. These were the photos that launched Moss' career and it is a gloomy passing of an era.
Finally just launched pics of Kate's new campaign for David Yurman jewellery shot in St Barts by the legendary Peter Lindburgh, show her puffy lipped and naked. Again. I know she is a pretty girl, but I am over it. Done.
Idle Talk: