The Art of Fashion

Sarah Jessica Parker's Moscow Style
Sarah Jessica Parker is on a promotional tour in support of her movie, I Don't Know How She Does It. Currently she is in Moscow, having headed there on Sunday and turned up in three different places yesterday looking stunning. Let me clarify. I am not, nor have ever been a fan. I am not sure why, let's put it down to personal taste. But my goodness, when not schlumping around New York or trying too hard to look 'edgy', she can really hit a fashion home run. And for this visit to Moscow, she is bringing out the big guns. And looking terrific.
First there is a Prabal Gurung fall 2011 lace shift dress with a red under-the-bust accent that I think looks amazing. She has paired it with those Salvatore Ferregamo toe-cap shoes that we are seeing everywhere at the moment. Lovely shift. Quite Kate Middleton, no? After the photo call (or before, I can't be absolutely sure of SJP's itinerary) she stepped out in white, sprinkled with summer florals all hand beaded onto the strapless and layered dress. She was popping into the Manolo Blahnik store in Moscow and so one can assume those heels are by the label. And then for the premier, she pulled out all the little-red-riding-hood stops her her scarlet Giambattista Valli dress and cape. Charlotte Casiraghi wore the baby blue version of this couture number for the wedding reception of Albert and Charlene — and I think I preferred it in that colour. Red maybe a tad obvious? Anyhoo, I think that my favourite of the three is the Prabal Gurung. How about you?
Idle Talk: