The Art of Fashion

Cape Town Fashion Week 10 — Notes Days 2 & 3




1. Stoned Cherrie showed for the first time this year and I did love the one-shoulder kaftan that came out very early on. I'm not sure I looked at anything after that (see above top). Yum.
2. That Dax Martin sure does know his way around a piece of lycra. Can turn it into a swan if we asked, I am sure. Props Durban boy.
3. I am ever so fond of light, easy fit pieces of casual wear. Especially when in cotton and voile and silk. Oh, how it makes my heart sing. So Take Care, well done. But please work on your fits and pattern grading. Thanks.
4. Woolies showed some emerging designers that will be going in-store. Imagine my surprise then, when awesome, hip Tallulah Jane collection came out, huh! Risky, interesting and totally wearable and on-trend. Yeeha. (see above second)
5. Also Black Coal at Woolies show sent out some amazing soft denim pieces that will make their way into my wardrobe shortly. (see above third)
6. What a wonderful show from Viyella! Well conceptualised, well executed and literally took us on a journey as well as a fashion trip. I absolutely loved it and was reminded that the pros really pull it out the bag at fashion week. (see above fourth)
7. Undacova underwear is sweet and fun, but the boys really deserve props for amping it up with excellent styling and showmanship. One to watch.
8. All love and hat doffing to Simon Deiner and team for all the fashion week pics.
Idle Talk: