The Art of Fashion

Cape Town Fashion Week 10 — David West



Sjooooeeeee. I sommer liked this one LANK. This was my standout show of the fashion week. I pretty much loved everything and thought a large part of it was perfection. How often in a career am I ever going to say that?
So let me say that I love to hate DW's fabrications. Intellectually it is a total no-no. But aesthetically he breaks down my rules and resets the standards.
I always love his narrative and quirky styling. This is a designer who does design for someone like me. I live in his world, I like to think.
But this particular collection was softer, more mature, more grown into the designer that David is going to become. It was less about too-cool-for-school humour and much more afternoon tea and Noel Coward wit. It was beautiful and trendy and hot. But it was also innovative, bold and signature DW.
This show took a mountain of detailed work, I have to assume. But I, for one, am so very grateful for the effort.
Idle Talk: