The Art of Fashion

Alexa Chung for Madewell — Collection 2
You may already know that Alexa Chung is a part of my fantasy fashion book club. It is largely due to her great dry sense of humour and her natural un-styled style. I am hoping that she is ok after splitting from her long-term boyfriend, Alex Turner of Arctic Monkeys. I mean, no matter what, it is always hard after the end of a great love. So I was pleased when I saw that her next project was off the ground and she was tweeting up a storm about it. It is of course the launch of her second collection for US brand, Madewell.
It is a travesty we can't get Madewell here in SA. And so it is kind of mean of me to show you the cute stuff that Alexa has designed for them for this collection. But I am going to anyway because we love her and it is so darn cute. Seriously. Cute. Just look at it.
It is inspired by girls in bands. Not just any girls, of course, but awkward young women who front up garage bands from small towns. They move to the big city via a great road trip and arrive looking hipster cool and they change the world just a little bit. That's my interpretation of it anyway as I really doubt she means girls in bands like Jamalia or Girls Aloud.
So do you think it is cute? Let me know. Also if anyone wants to get me a palm tree shirt when in the US, please go for it. Lovely.
Idle Talk: