The Art of Fashion

Wendi Deng (Murdoch): Does Her Style Carry Clout?
The moment I saw (well, read, actually, on Twitter) Wendi Deng defend her 80-year-old husband, Rupert Murdoch, in the UK House of Commons when some guy tried to push a pie in his face, I was fascinated. Who was this woman who could pack a punch (literally) and recover with not a hair out of place? And so I went a-googleating. It turns out that she is more than just the wife of the biggest media magnate in the world. She is a Harvard MBA graduate who has run parts of his business, had two of his kids, and has recently co-produced a movie called Snow Flower and the Secret Fan. Who knew. And she is super-attractive too. And so I was interested in her style. Duh. I mean, a beautiful, intelligent, working mom who is incredibly supportive of her husband and dresses in the finest clothes, how can that not pique my interest? Oh, and apparently she has some kung fu moves too.
It appears that Wendi is seldom photographed without her husband. I watched her on TV and saw how she dotes on him. It's actually pretty cool, despite the questionable antics they are associated with. First, I came across her day-wear. It is pretty much standard issue, rich, corporate American mom stuff. Cropped pants and bright jackets. Preppy, expensive, fine. But no great shakes. I was getting worried. But then I discovered from the picture feeds that they do attend all the most glamorous functions too, including the Oscars, the Golden Globes, the Met Gala and Cannes. So I took a look at her outfits at these events over the past year.
Lots of light feminine sparkle. Solid colour and simple designs. Great accessories. Really great accessories. This is a woman who keeps it simple and yet shines.
I am very opposed to violence but big on standing up for yourself. I am anti-corruption and the 'at any cost' approach to business and yet am hugely in favour of loyalty and self enterprise. This woman gives me pause for thought. I think I admire her but not what she does. I definitely love her style. What do you guys think?
Idle Talk: