The Art of Fashion

SA Idols: My Favourite Girls And How I Would Style Them
There is no shame in being a reality TV lover. I read and watch plenty of more earnest television, but I rather like the Masterchef/Top Model/Project Runway and, yes, Idols, as a way to while away the time. And I get to scrutinise outfits and fantasise about how I would style them if I could have a go. Of course when it comes to the SA Idols live shows, I am pretty sure my friend Dirk is doing the styling. And he is awesome. But, this particular batch of 15 has so many distinct personalities and styles, let me offer my point of view on my six favourites, starting with the girls.
Nolly and Miss J are my girls this year. The boys are better, but these two are my picks from the girls. And I think that they are both adorable. Nolly is a pixie-like, Kylie pop-minstrel. And if she can make me anywhere close to as happy as Kylie did, I would be devoted forever. She needs to be dressed in high-street fashion looks. Cool little tight dresses and heels, lots of fun accessories and trend, trend, trend. She will sell a bucket-load of the sponsor's kit, such is her charm.
Miss J is a diva in the very best way. I love the drama of it all with her. She is going to be bold and brassy and beautiful and big so needs to have plenty of colour in her looks. And GOWNS sweetie dahling, gowns. Not just frocks. That'll work for her.
And the boys? Well come back in an hour and I will let you know who my fave boys are and how I think we can dress them up. Fun, right!?
Idle Talk: