The Art of Fashion

New Face of L'Oreal Paris. Not Liya Kebede. I mean Hugh Laurie.
Seriously. I laughed long and hard about this. Not because I don't think it is a great idea, just because it was so unexpected and delightful. Hugh Laurie aka House, is now the face of L'Oreal Paris man-things. How much fun is that?
I have always loved Hugh. From the days when he was a double act with the glorious Stephen Fry (Fry and Laurie). But definitely in House. As I lay in hospital earlier this year, the only thing missing from my rather torturous experience was Hugh. How I could have used him then!
But Hugh is not the only new face of L'Oreal Paris. African (Ethiopian) super model Liya Kebede was also recently named as an ambassador for the brand. “Liya is a very strong, inspiring, and courageous woman, with an extremely refined and enchanting beauty. Her generous commitment to the cause of women’s wellbeing is also remarkable,” said Cyril Chapuy, Global Brand President of L’Oreal Paris. Liya is a mother of two, and Goodwill Ambassador that focuses her efforts on maternal, newborn and child health. She also launched her own sustainable clothing line, Lemlem, which aims to support the trade of local artisans in Africa. You can't argue with that. Long live Hugh and Liya.
Idle Talk: