The Art of Fashion

Drew Barrymore for Nieman Marcus Art of Fashion Fall Campaign 2011
What fun! Since 1994, Nieman Marcus has put out a 16-page fashion editorial featuring only the best models in the world. And this year, they changed and hired 36-year old actress Drew Barrymore for the job. I say 'fun' because Drew is no fashion plate. She is a risky dresser with a bohemian approach to dressing, both up and down. But looking at the evidence of the shoot, she sure scrubs up well!
In designer clothing from Gucci, Prada, Armani and others, Drew does a great job looking striking, authentic and beautiful.
The whole thing looks a lot more complicated than our shoots. I mean I can't remember when last I hired in a crane for one of my editorials. Or three camera assistants. But then again, we haven't shot with a genuine Hollywood star in a while either. Must look at changing that soon...
Hearty well done to Drew and to the client who chose her. I am not sure about the mock suicide of the first opening spread of the campaign, but Drew looks prettier than I think I have ever seen her so I am going to let that go.
Photographer is Norman Jean Roy.
Idle Talk: