The Art of Fashion

CTFW Review: Habits May Be Classic But It Sets The Trends
If you wanted to make a list of the key trends for summer 2011, all you needed to do was go and have a look at the latest collection from Jenny le Roux at Habits. Not only did Jenny make me giant smile from beginning to end, but she also made me excited for the season ahead. This po-faced fashion writer can't WAIT to wear clothes from Habits this summer.
Of course my excitement started earlier in the day. I had been shooting a dress from the new Habits collection for O Magazine and, just for fun (shhh, don't tell anyone) I decided to try it on. Oh my goodness. I didn't want to take it off! So I phoned the lovely ladies at Habits and asked VERY POLITELY if I may borrow the frock for the evening. Sorry, who do you say was best dressed last night at CTFW? Oh, me, you say? Quite right!
Stripes, maxi dresses, pleats, white resort pieces, florals, this was a collection with its finger on the pulse of what we want to wear. And all done with not a stitch out of place and with professional ease. We have missed Habits at fashion week in the past few years, but we are SO grateful to have them back.
This was, for this reviewer, a class act. This is the house that all young designers should want to learn from. Jenny may have been in the industry for a few decades, but she and her team are still setting the pace.
Photos all SDR Photos
Idle Talk: