The Art of Fashion

CTFW Review: David Tlale Uses His Inside Voice
King David of Tlale and I have always had a polite but honest relationship. I am not the fashion journo easily swayed by his theatrics and enormous fan base. I have sometimes been unconvinced by his workmanship and the intent of his collections. I say all of this to emphasise how good I need you to know that his work from the new collection is. Stripped back, exposed, translated into a commercial enterprise and yet maintaining a clear Tlale voice, this collection was IMPRESSIVE.
Missing not a single beat by being muted. Losing nothing by being on time, professional, produced, ticketed and hung on hangers on racks behind the more flamboyant presentations. This was an excellent and enjoyable presentation, that allowed us to get up close and personal with the craftsmanship and design executions (see me and Chris having a good old rummage on the leather harness below.)
Instead of detailing the garments, what I am going to do is tell you to get yourselves down to The Bromwell in Woodstock to see for yourself (or in Joziburg). Touch, try and buy. You won't be sorry with this collection. Bravo King David and thanks for the beautiful dipped dye and for whispering your creativity instead of shouting it out.

Photos by SDR Photo peeps
Idle Talk: