The Art of Fashion

Comic-Con 2011 Day 2, 3 and 4 Best Dressed!
This weekend in San Diego has been a riotous success. Comic-Con 2011 has drawn some of the biggest celebrities and movies in the world right now. And they have brought the style with them. Having sifted through hundreds of images from the weekend, I have eventually concluded the following: someone needs to establish a dress code for Comic-Con. It is all over the shop. That not withstanding, I do think that there were some celebs who really stood out and looked amazing. Usually those who were not afraid to take a risk or two. Love that.
Kate Beckinsale is not someone I feature too often. That dated hair flowage. The penchant for monochrome and that she tries SO HARD is my major annoyance really. But this flippy little Tibi dress, with pockets and an overskirt makes me joyful. And I do have the greatest respect for those legs. At her age.
Anna Paquin is also a bit of a try-hard and misses as much as she hits. But this Antonio Berardi pencil dress from Pre-Fall 2011 collection looks amazing on her. And I love that she has under-accessorised and worn shoes that echo the dress, in a way. It really does make for a striking picture. And she has been bold enough to shorten the dress from the runway look which earns my respect as she clearly knows her body and style. Props.
Jessica Biel looked all kinds of cute in this Christian Cota spring 2011 ensemble of shorts and crop vest top. It could have gone wrong and looked too young, too bland, too exposed midriff, but somehow it works on her gym honed body for the occasion.
And then there was gamin-cropped Ginnifer Goodwin with her neon yellow Roksana Ilincic resort dress and ballet pumps. I may be in love with this look. I may also be a bit frightened of it but aren't we always when we first fall in love.
We must also mention Olivia Wilde and her Dolce & Gabbana black lace dress for the premier of Cowboys and Aliens at Comic-Con. I don't know if I love it but I do know that she looks amazing and it is right on-trend. So that's super-cool. Now, as ever, it is over to you. Who wore it best to Comic-Con 2011 in your opinion? Over to you in the comments.

Idle Talk: