The Art of Fashion

Africa Fashion Week 10 — David Tlale




At 1am on a Thursday morning I really need to be in bed asleep. If I am on holiday and awake, I need to be dancing. There really is no other option. I do not need to be spending my 10th consecutive hour in the Sandton ICC with limited drink and no real food. Really I don't.
But I stuck it out because I am a pro and the lure of the spectacle of King David of Tlale was too much.
Sitting in my seat and listening to the enormous orchestra (there was even a harp, people) was actually totally wonderful. The aria at the end, cheesy, yes, but really soothing and pretty. It all seemed worth it.
And almost everyone loved the collection. The subjects of the King filled the stands and cheered and clapped and bowed. As is only fitting.
The usual consumate progression of show was in order. There probably needed to be a bit more of the day wear and a bit less of the rather sickly coral colour. There was a triumph or two in the white dress section and I love a bit of tea-stained ombre.
But really I was awfully tired and the glorious sounds of the orchestra took me to a happy place and so that is all I can say.
Idle Talk: