The Art of Fashion

Royal Wedding Style: Hats Off To These Hats
A last word on the Royal Wedding style shenanigans. Hats. Well, it turned out you had to wear one, didn't you? A lesson Mrs Cameron has learned, I am sure. And there were some shockers and some that really worked well. My pick of the bunch starts with the amazing turban hat that Spanish wife of the deputy prime minister, Nick Clegg, Miriam Gonzalez Durantez wore. I mean that was a party in a hat right there. I loved the colour and the elegance and the nod to her roots. All in a hat. Just brilliantly played.
Sophie Winkleman's navy space ship was elegant and chic, Zara Phillips pulled out all the stops and it was a fantastic show of hat (I am sorry the rest of the outfit didn't work as well) and Princess Letizia of Spain has such a sweet cloche-style hat on that I just had to include it even though the image is a bit rough.
Just an aside to conclude. The Cape Town-based Spencer girls all looked lovely. Kitty, the eldest, was dressed in Victoria Beckham and the twins wore Errol Arendz. To the Royal Wedding. Props to him for securing that and for keeping schtum about it all till after the event. Class.
Idle Talk: