The Art of Fashion

Costume Institute Gala 2011 Red Carpet Best Dressed
Let's begin the coverage of the Costume Institute Gala (or the Met Ball as it is known) with the best of the night. In my humble opinion of course. Following swiftly off the heady delightfulness of the Royal Wedding Dress, I am in love with long sleeves. In off-white is just a bonus. Florence Welch was fantastically OTT in her custom ramp look from YSL. Perfectly in tune with her usual style, just amped up for her special performance.
Leelee Sobieski was also following the long-sleeve-off-white trend and jazzed her frock up with that great gold belt. There seems to be some dispute as to who the designer is, but I want it. Vionnet is the best guess I have.
And then the only look that made me gasp in joy was this Miu Miu dress worn by Michelle Williams. Literally, gasped. Simple, quirky, fitted perfection.
What do you think of my best dressed picks, guys?
Idle Talk: