The Art of Fashion

StyleGuideCT is the Queen of Hearts!
About two months ago I got a frantic call from Cameron Arendse who was producing a shoot for Elle SA May issue, saying that they were shooting some bloggers for a fashion story the next day and someone had forgotten to book me. I made some sympathetic noises but, let's face it there are plenty of bloggers around, I assumed they had booked someone else instead. No, he explained, they needed someone, ahem, like me, as the role was the Queen of Hearts in an Alice in Wonderland theme. Obviously I had no idea what they meant by that, but said I would see if I could.
I chatted to my boss about it — no, Elle is not a conflict of interests for O magazine, and yes, I would be representing StyleGuideCT and as long as I got my work done and didn't disappear for too long it was fine.
So the next day found me in Milnerton at the Prop Shop, tripping through the sand in my Jimmy Choos with this face on and a gorgeous French Bulldog in my arms. And yes, I did shout 'off with their heads'. Quite a lot. Well, young bloggers can be annoying when you are as old as I am.

The images were taken by the very talented Elle photography competition winner, Freddie Child-Villiers. It was styled by designer winner Cleo Droomer and it starred fresh-face winner Alexandra Robertshaw as Alice and Dylan Jack van Vuuren as the Mad Hatter. I was only on set for an hour or so, but the work that went into this spread is absolutely staggering and all the parties involved should be applauded. I am delighted to have been a part of such a flight of fancy. Here's to many more.
Click on the images to make them bigger.
Idle Talk: