The Art of Fashion

Renee Zellweger Bounces Back in Style
I will bet that you, like me, can't really get your head around Renee Zellwegger. Do we like her or not? Is she attractive or not? Is her style predictable (Carolina Herrera by night, gym gear by day) or does she surprise us just too often to make that declaration? Of course she was at her best in Empire Records and Jerry McGuire. We still liked her in Bridget Jones and then she got really super-skinny and did that weird half-marriage thing with the country singer and we distanced ourselves. Right?
Well, let me say two things. The first is that I have seen her interviewed on UK TV many times and she ALWAYS comes over as impeccably mannered, charming in the extreme, sweetly funny and perfectly possible as a good girl friend. Always. So I will always come down on the "like her" side.
Second, if she keeps dishing up the sort of style she has shown in Italy the past two days, I am boarding the Zellweger express immediately. How lovely?
Of course, the fact that she is in Italy with Tommy Hilfiger in support of breast health awareness tells me a lot about her character and it may just upgrade my boarding pass to a first class. But I will keep you posted in that. Your thoughts?
Idle Talk: