The Art of Fashion

Pia Toscano and Jennifer Lopez Rock the Sequin on American Idol
Watching American Idol last night, it struck me that, given a chance, I would ask their stylists a couple of pointed questions. The first is, "what's with the matching earrings and necklace sets?" Seriously? Who wears matching earrings and necklaces sets in 2011? And what professional stylist would allow that sort of situation? Most distressing. The second would be, "like sequins much?"
This week the divine and glowing Jennifer Lopez rocked out in short sequin mini dresses on both nights. The style star that is Pia Toscano seem to be a mini J-Lo on the performance night, crossed with Britney Spears circa Toxic. Don't get me wrong, I think she looks lovely. But I think it may be time to explore something other than the ballad-sequin dress combo. Just saying.
Images of Jennifer Lopez borrowed from www.beyondbeautifuljlo.com, images of Pia Toscano frm www.americanidol.com
Idle Talk: