The Art of Fashion

Jimmy Choo (The Man) To Buy Back Jimmy Choo (The Label)?
The rumour on the ground this morning is that the Jimmy Choo label is about to be sold or list on the stock exchange. You all know that I am a devotee of Jimmy Choo and that my shoe wardrobe is predominantly comprised of their product. So I feel I have a vested interest in the outcome of this corporate dance.
One of the tales spinning around is that the originator of the label, Jimmy Choo himself, is interested in making a bid to get his name back. Since 2001, when he sold his stock, he has had minimal contact with the label and is just quietly going about his business in London, making shoes for private clients.
I think this sounds like a fine idea as Mr Choo has impeccable taste and class. I doubt that the dreadful collaborations with Ugg and Hunters would have happened on his watch.
But most are skeptical about his chances, with things still a bit acrimonious with Tamara Mellon. I am hopeful that the rumoured 'Asian investors' will push it through. Who knows. But I will be keeping a watch on this one. Any news you hear — please send through to me.
Idle Talk: