The Art of Fashion

New Style Obsession: Jennifer Lopez on American Idol
Seriously? How did this happen? I was all ready to find Jennifer Lopez on American Idol annoying and inauthentic. I was expecting it to be all about her, and in a way it is, but in a fabulous, diva, beautiful, stylish way. And now I am hooked.
I want to see what Jenny from the Block (as Ricky Gervais specified at the Golden Globes) is going to wear every week, how her lion's mane of honey highlighted hair is going to be styled, how she is going to manage that mascara when the tears come.
In the first two sets of auditions that we saw yesterday, she was warm and soft and showed potential to be a good friend and interesting commentator. And then on top of that she wore fierce little skirts and a smattering of Lanvin. I haven't been this excited for next week for ages. Is Jennifer Lopez going to join the ranks of Dannii Minogue and Cat Deeley for me, as I watch each week for their outfits? How very unexpected.
Idle Talk: