The Art of Fashion

Lydia Hearst for Swarovski Heart Truth Collection
Do you remember the real-life drama of Patty Hearst who was kidnapped back in the 70s and landed up joining the SLA movement? It was one of the most vivid tales of my youth and I will never forget it. And so I have a soft spot for her daughter Lydia Hearst, who is an American actressfashion modelcolumnistsocialite and heiress. She was the 2008 Michael Awards Model of the Year, so she is not just a rich-girl-gets-lucky, but one that has worked prolifically and steadily. 
Now she has gone red-head and landed up fronting the latest Swarovski crystal campaign. The ad supports The Heart Truth which empowers women to take action to improve their heart health. I think it looks awesome.
It also looks suspiciously like a story I shot for O Magazine recently which positioned real-life gingers, in great red/pink gowns in front of a blood red back drop. Synchronicity? Trend? You can decide.
Image thanks to CocoPerez
Idle Talk: