The Art of Fashion

Another Royal Wedding Watch: Zara Phillips Gets Engaged to Mike Tindall
So I have a soft spot for the latest royal to get engaged. Whist living in England I had the opportunity to work with Zara Phillips a couple of times. It was sports-sponsorship related so we were on her turf rather than mine to a large extent, but I will say that in my experience she is passionate, engaging, risk-taking and a dab hand at managing the paparazzi. Probably not the usual descriptors for a member of the British Royal Family.
And now she is set to marry the man she met on the eve of the 2003 Rugby World Cup Final, in which he played and won, Mike Tindall. The combination of royalty and rugby-royalty is certainly a first for someone 12th in line to the throne. But it seems to make sense — especially after seven years together and the fact that Zara is an Olympic athlete herself.
Having been denied a royal title by her mother (with which she is more than happy), she has gone on to win an OBE from her grandma, the Queen, for her sporting prowess. And Zara is certainly a jolly-hockey-sticks attractive young woman.
But somehow this has consistently failed to play out onto the red carpet. Zara has looked lovely on many occasions, but never totally put together. In fact, I would go so far as to say, that Zara looks best in her dressage kit, on a horse. There she looks like a queen.
And so all I am going to say about this latest royal engagement photo is nice ring, shame about the puffer.
PS: I tried to dig up my own paparazzi photo that was published in the UK Now magazine as I walked with Zara at an event a few years ago, but couldn't find it anywhere. Probably best. I was going through a 'countryside' phase in my wardrobe.
Idle Talk: