The Art of Fashion

The Return of Juliette Lewis

There are many people my age who have quite a fondness for the actress/rocker Juliette Lewis. She was very much of our time — the original girlfriend of Brad Pitt. She starred in some of the defining movies of the 90s. And then she became a rock star.
And it was at this point that people started to waver.
Possibly she was too honest. Possibly her crazy threatened to look like Courtney Love. And yet she totally stuck to her guns. Was incredibly focused and was good. Juliette and the Licks was not an embarrassment. She has become one of a handful of actors who have been credible in the music sphere.
And like many actors and musicians, she has decided she also wants to be taken seriously in fashion. I am not sure how this is going to manifest, but it has started with her turning up on the red carpet for a string of events looking, well, awesome. Totally awesome.
And if she approaches fashion like she has music and acting, I can't help but expect it to be an exciting and passionate ride. I am on board. Are you?
I am seriously considering her as the first American member of the book club. That's how much I love her.
Idle Talk: