The Art of Fashion

Shopping With Alex: Why I Heart Witchery


By now most of you will know that Australia's most enduring, trustworthy and loved retailers, WITCHERY, will be coming to South Africa. Operating out of a concession in Stuttafords, this brand has almost 20 years in the industry, and will be launched tomorrow. I know that Robyn will be at the launch, but as an Aussie, I wanted to tell you about why I love this brand.
WITCHERY initially started as a women's stand alone retailer but has since evolved and has an online store, a men's range and more recently, also a kids' range. It has over 100+ stores in Australia, an additional outlets in New Zealand and more recently Singapore. I believe it is quality and great fabrics that have given WITCHERY a reputation for offering their customers potential investment pieces. In particular, I have found WITCHERY's leather accessories to offer longevity in terms of durability and timeless appeal. I own leather handbags and belts that I have had for over 8 years.
From my early teens, I looked forward to choosing pieces for my wardrobe each season or as part of my birthday or Christmas gifts. It was part of our tradition. This continued into my 20s when I had started working and I enjoyed the on-trend pieces as well as the wardrobe classics that I could then work for the office. As an Australian living overseas for the past five years, I have looked forward to receiving the regular 'WITCHERY newsletters' and having the opportunity to purchase items online.
Witchery has continued to keep true to their philosophy 'smart simple style' and I have no doubt that this brand will make a welcomed impact into the current South African retail market.
I hope you all enjoy it.
Love from
Alex xx
Idle Talk: