The Art of Fashion

Oprah's Favourite Fashion Things


A couple of days ago Oprah gave away the last of her favourite things. And considering they included a brand new VW Beetle for each of the 250 or so audience members, I am going to go ahead and say it was GOOD.
I decided to extract from my uber-boss' list all the fashion-related items to share with you.
Each member of the audience got a beautiful cashmere jumper, a voucher for a lingerie fitting at Nordstrom, a Coach handbag worth $400, a pair of Miracle Fit jeans and a slightly gaudy pair of sequin Ugg boots — quite delicious as slippers, never to be seen in public, obviously.
They also got a bunch of other stuff but Oprah's number one favourite item was....of course the iPad. They all got one of those too.
Now, let me say I have been using my iPad for three months already. And it has, without question, changed my life for the better. A gift of productivity here, some entertainment there, a downloaded video for the nieces that you can't get in SA, access to images and feeds for this blog and nothing feels like work. This is where me and the boss agree. The iPad is my no.1 favourite thing for 2010.
Idle Talk: