The Art of Fashion

Nicole Ritchie and StyleGuideCT: Sunglasses Mindreaders

I have been wearing glasses since I was eight years old. You all know by now that I am a speccy. What you may not know is that my glasses are also a part of my identity, a mask against the world and a cunning disguise as to my true age.
If you buy the January issue of O Magazine (out just before Christmas), you can read an explanation of all these things and also get to see how easy it is to choose the right glasses frames (specs or sunnies) for your own face.
And then last night I read this from designer Nicole Ritchie, “When I wear sunglasses, it’s because I don’t wear makeup. I don’t know how to do makeup — it’s just not a part of my life. That being said, sometimes you need to put something on your face, and that’s why I tend to wear bigger frames. So I almost think of sunglasses as masks to just cover it up.” Dude has been reading my mind! Or an early copy of O Magazine! Who knew she and I were so alike?
Idle Talk: