The Art of Fashion

New SA Designer: Roxanne Robinson

Every now and again all things align. Two of my inner circle readers of the blog have recently graduated from fashion school and presented their collections to the world. I didn't attend any of the graduate shows (if you attend one, you attend them all and I just don't have an additional 8 days/nights to hand right now) but I did invite some of the readers to submit their images to me.
The first of these, Roxanne Robinson, recently won a little competition I ran for my inner circle and when she swung by to pick up her prize, I asked her to send me the images from her collection as I was utterly charmed by her book.
I love the silhouette of course. The styling is excellent and absolutely on trend. And who wouldn't want to own one of those skirts right now? I know that the sofa fabrication isn't to everyone's taste, but for me, it is everything that is fun about student fashion and creating a look this season. And it has pockets. Yes, pockets. Show me a student who hasn't cut corners in their final collections and I will show you a future career. Done. Congratulations lady.
Idle Talk: