The Art of Fashion

Gallery Exhbitions of Couturiers — Now Balenciaga in New York

In the years that I lived in Europe, I made it a habit to visit the museums and galleries of London and cities that I visited. I tried never to get complacent about having such exhibits freely available to me. And so I enjoyed years of the most exciting, challenging, delightful, beautiful art. It definitely enriched my soul.
Now that I have been back in Africa for almost three years, I often reflect on these exhibitions and dwell on those that really captured my imagination.
More often than not, they were the exhibitions of couturiers. Armarni, Dior, Dolce & Gabbana and even Balenciaga clothes were seen up close and personal at various showcases.
And all of this came flooding back when I saw yesterday that Vogue US' Hamish Bowles has curated an exhibition of Christobel Balenciaga in Park Avenue, New York City which is now open to the public.
Housed at the Queen Sofia Spanish Institute, there are almost a hundred classic pieces from the Balenciaga archives are on display. If only I was in NY right now!
Idle Talk: