The Art of Fashion

Emma Watson and the Tale of the Emerging Fashionista

As is my wont, I am going to be honest about my view of Emma Watson. I have never seen a Harry Potter movie (nor read any of the children's books), but she is in my consciousness due to the strange role she has gained in the fashion world over the past 18 months.
I say strange as, as much as she is probably a serviceable actress, and apparently remarkably normal despite a childhood on a film set, she is not some great beauty. She is pretty and quite sweet looking. She has no discernable personal style, other than looking rather nice most of the time. In other words, I am quite confused how this pretty, normal girl made it onto the cover of Vogue and into the Burberry adverts.
And not it has come to light that she will be designing a line of organic clothing with Alberta Ferretti. That is pretty big-time.
I distinctly remember her once saying, "I’m really not interested in doing [a clothing line] for my own ego. I’m not a designer. If someone asked me to do something that was beneficial to a cause, then maybe I’d consider it." Then she launched her own clothing line for People Tree, which was sort of ok since profits went to spreading the practice of fair-trade farming. But this 'Jane Birkin–inspired' clothing line, hmmm, I'm not so sure.
"I will work for anyone for free if they are prepared to make their clothing fair trade organic," she told US Weekly. Well I guess I can't argue with that.
But that's just me. What are your thoughts on Emma Watson as a fashion icon?
Idle Talk: