The Art of Fashion

Sylvie Says Eyebrow Threading is Sore But The Only Option


Ok so here the post on eyebrow threading actually is! Seems the common (ahem) thread in the private responses I got to my 5-minute-face post was ‘who did your eyebrows’!
I’ve long been a fan of threading as the only option for eyebrow grooming – it works equally well for those of you dealing with Pete Sampras brows, and those like me, who need to have their brows carved out of the blonde fur above their eyes.
Many of my models, bless them, have been sent to worship at the temple of Rashmi (More about that later) prior to any big beauty editorial or campaign shoot and my ears were burning with their screaming curses, but they thanked me later… oh yes they did.
Now I’m not gonna lie to ya. Its sore. Sore like you wish you were in natural labour/having root canal/stepping on a pointy stone with a cold food sore. Very, very sore. But only the first time. And maybe the second too… but its WORTH it.
Take 2 Myprodol and put on your big girl panties. You’ll thank me too..
In Cape Town you must try Rashmi – in Rondebosch eastish – easy to find they explain (she has a sister-in-law called Sheitel or something who is offered as B choice- same salon- but I think is actually better...). For R25 ten minutes in and out seriaaaaaas call 021 696 5354 and ask for a brow thread.
OR I went to Eyecandy – basically a dentist’s chair in the middle of Woolies where they do a perfectly fine job (better than any waxing or plucking brow bar people I’ve ever been too) and they charge 80 Ronts with some little ayurvedic massaged thrown in – bit odd under the fluorescents but what the hey. And they can pretty much fit you in immediately!
Idle Talk: