The Art of Fashion

Shopping With Alex: The Return of the Veldskoen

So, recently we have seen the return of the traditional South African veldskoen boot as a trend in fashion, first overseas (as a 'desert boot') and now locally. I noticed whilst out and about that the retailers are doing their own version of this boot for women.
I think this can be a great look leading into summer worn with dresses, shorts and denim with laces loosely tied to show off the calves/ankles.
These are my picks of what is available in store right now:
1. Mr Price: I think this is a great option for the colour (which is very fashionable at the moment), shape and the price.....R120!
2. ZOOM: I think that this is a gorgeous little boot! Lovely soft leather and in 2 very wearbale colours. This is actually my favourite and I think this one would look particularly good with dresses, rompers and shorts, as it is a more lightweight and feminine option. This retails for R799.
Have fun
Alex xx
PS: For any overseas readers, I also know that Clarks produce a similiar boot to the Mr Price option.
Idle Talk: