The Art of Fashion

Of Africa, Pretty Shoes, Powerful Women and Other Stories

Captains Log 5, Blog Week 134
It comes to the end of another week and this one has been an excellent week for promoting African clothing and textiles in the States. I have posted no less than four times about it this week, here and here and here.
It has also been a great week for uniting some of the amazing women that I admire and respect, and sometimes work for... Oprah, Victoria Beckham, Michelle Obama, Meryl Streep and Dannii Minogue have all featured, often together.
And so, as we go off for the weekend of family, friends and fun let me share with you some more of my week of joys:
1. Reece Witherspoon looked wonderful at her Avon party. I am not a huge fan, although many of you are. But she got her hair, make-up, shoes and dress all perfect and on trend this week, so props to her.
2. The talent and craftsmanship of local leather designer, Chloe Townsend, has resulted in a new must-have sandal for the summer — the Missibaba Seraphine. Isn't she lovely?
3. We handed over the Oliver Peoples sunglasses, courtesy of Extreme Eyewear, to our blog winner Jasmine Ho. She popped into the office to pick them up and so we snapped a pic of course. I am so pleased for her!
Have lovely, restful weekends all my readers, and I look forward to bringing you another action packed week of fashion and news next week. For now, StyleGuideCT out!
Idle Talk: