The Art of Fashion

Nicole Miller Partners with Africa on Bangles

You all know by now that what I believe to be fair trade is the act of African artists, craftsmen and artisans selling what they produce to the western world at a profit that allows them to lead a life they never would have done. The fashionista in me gets even more giddy when it is a gorgeous, style item. And the African in me gets tearfully-proud when it is something only we can do. Don't judge, it is such a patriotic feeling. And I will always do whatever I can to support these efforts.
Now, today, New York fashion designer Nicole Miller has partnered with the nonprofit Indego Africa to release a line of patterned traditional-textile and woven bracelets and bangles co-designed with and hand-crafted by Rwandan artisans at co-ops on the continent.
At the launch in NYC this evening, 15 percent of the proceeds will be donated to bolster Indego Africa's business, literacy, and computer training programs.
Idle Talk: