The Art of Fashion

GQ Best Dressed Men Awards: The Fashion Episode

It was the GQ Awards last week and some of the country's most well dressed chaps were honoured. The eventual winner was blog-godfather, Seth Rotherham so a hearty well done to him. Very hip of GQ.
And lots of people have featured this result and the photos on their blogs. But did you know who came third, forth or even sixth? Well, they are our very own fashion chaps. So I thought that I would share their photos and comments with you. I think it is awesome that the fashion guys are walking the talk and being recognised for thier flair. Big up.
THIRD PLACE: Themba Mngomezulu Fashion designer and founder of Darkie
I would like to see men dressing formally every day come back into fashion. Like we did in the ’60s. Support the local designers. Remember, if you buy local, you provide jobs and that means that your homes and cars won’t be broken into.
FOURTH PLACE: Mokotjo Mohulo Head designer at NOTE Clothing and stylist
My dad is the most stylish man in the world. The shoes I am wearing in this shoot were his. Every single one of my shirts has some kind of personal detail. I personalise my look by expressing my consciousness in it. Whether it’s the hair or the beard, it’s all me.
SIXTH PLACE: Guy Ndlovo, Reality TV star and fashion entrepreneur
Nice shoes and socks are my fashion basics. I always have fun with socks, something is always going on down there. Fitted shirts, cuff links and a nice belt. There is always a playful element in whatever I wear.
Idle Talk: